How To Change Permalink Structure On Your WordPress Website
Are you wandering why some websites have SEO friendly URL structures for all their posts, articles and pages while your WordPress Website is using a page id for its URLs? This is because Your WordPress Permalink settings have not been changes from its default option. Learn how you can change your permalink structure to reflect SEO friendly URLS on your WordPress Website.
What is a Permalink?
A permalink is a URL that points to a specific web page, often a blog or forum entry which has passed from the front page to the archives. This is what your website visitors will see when they come to a specific page, article on your website.
Why Use SEO friendly URLs or PERMALINKS
SEO friendly URLS are important because this is the one of the first factors that search Engines use to find relevancy on SERP results. So it is very important you structure your permalinks on your WordPress Website to reflect SEO friendly keywords that’s relevant to the content on your page.
How To Change Permalink Structure?
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Navigate to SETTINGS >>> PERMALINKS tab
- Click on the Permalink structure of your choice
- By Default WordPress will use the page id number for your page links. However I do not recommend this options for obvious SEO reasons
- Post Name – I recommend this as a good habbit to use on your wordpress site as it will be SEO friendly.
- Click Here to Learn more about SEO – SEO explained for Beginners
- Click SAVE CHANGES to update your Permalink structure
- Your website will now use the updated structure for permalinks.