What is Magento?
Want to build an E commerce website but not sure where to start? Maybe you’ve heard a lot about Magento as a possible solution for your e-commerce website but, not exactly sure what to expect? Want to learn more about Magento? I hope to answer some of your questions in this article.
Magento is a well known eCommerce platform used by many as a robust solutions for their online eCommerce business. More than 240,000 merchants worldwide put their trust in our eCommerce software. Magento’s eCommerce platform gives you the tools you need to attract more prospects, sell more products, and make more money. Magento Community Edition is open source eCommerce software used to power hundreds of thousands of online stores. The software is frequently used by developers and small businesses to power their online web stores. The core code can be modified by developers and enhanced by installing application extensions from the Magento Connect marketplace.
What is an Ecommerce Software?
Any application that can be used to conduct commercial transactions electronically on the Internet or simply, any application that can be used to sell a product or service online.
What is a Content Management System (CMS)?
A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that allows publishing, editing and modifying content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from a central interface. Such systems of content management provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment.
There are 2 versions on the Magento CMS Platform.
- Magento Community Edition – Open source Software free to download from the magento website. Mostly used by developers and small businesses to power their eCommerce Websites. At Don Web Soltuions, we provide design, development and support for the community platform.
- Magento Enterprise Edition– Paid robust software suited for Big businesses that will offer more features and has expert support from Magento.
Here are some Key Magento Features that might benefit you:
- Simplicity – Easy to use platform that focuses on simplicity. You don’t have to be a tech genius to navigate the Magento back-end platform,
- Flexibility – With Magento , you can create any type of eCommerce website you want: Whether you want to sell simple products or complex products or services, Magento can help you wit your next eCommerce project. You can make your website beautiful with themes or do Custom Designs, and extend it with plugins. You can even build your very own application. Learn more about the different types of products that can be used in Magento
- Manage Your Products & Categories with Ease – Publishing your products, page content, categories have never been simpler. You can manage your products with easy and you will no longer need coding experts to add/edit/delete/manage your online products.
- List Unlimited Products and Categories – Sell an unlimited number of products online. With this platform you are not bound to the number of products you can sell. At Don Web Design Solutions we can provide you with a fixed quote for your next Magento Website Design or we can help you with monthly financing options to fit your budget.
- User Management – You can easily manage the users and user levels on your site back-end, not everyone needs to have administrative access to your site. Use the pre-built user management system for easy user management to your site back end. Some of these features can be extended to your clients as well as workers with the appropriate level of permissions
- Easy Theme System – Magento comes with several bundles themes out of the box, but if they aren’t for you there’s a theme directory with thousands of themes for you to create a beautiful website. However we understand as a business you want to stand out and sometimes have your own design elements. At Don Web Design Solutions We specialize in creating attractive Magento designs. Our Magento developers have completed 100’s of sites using Magento and have a healthy dose of happy clients that can provide references for you.
- Search Engine Optimized – The Platofrm is optimized for search engines right out of the box. You can combine your design with our SEO service for optimal search engine results. Concentrate on what you do best (your trade) and let our Professional Magento Website Designers, Developers and SEO Gurus help you with your next webdesign project.
- Own Your Data – Hosted services come and go. If you’ve ever used a service that disappeared, you know how traumatic that can be. If you’ve ever seen adverts appear on your website, you’ve probably been pretty annoyed. Using Magento means no one has access to your content. Since it is an open source software you will own your data, all of it — your website, your content, your data.
- What are the Different Types of Products used in Magento
- How to Add Products and Categories to Magento
- How to Change System Generated emails in Magento