What is CodeIgniter?
CodeIgniter is a Web Application Development Framework (a toolkit) for people who build web sites using PHP. The kind of framework a website or a web application is built, will make a difference in the effectiveness of your application on many levels. While most web framework applications use similar logic to build websites/applications, CodeIgniter’s goal is to enable you to develop projects much faster than you could if you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task. It has a small foot print making Code Igniter one of the leading contenders for development frameworks in PHP.
Remember unlike a CMS applications like WordPress, Joomla, Magento etc. CodeIgniter is mainly used for custom development projects. With the right technical support you can build a CMS based website using CodeIgniter that you can call your own.
Is CodeIgniter the right choice for my Application or Website?
CodeIgniter is right for you if:
- You want a framework with a small footprint.
- You need exceptional performance.
- You need broad compatibility with standard hosting accounts that run a variety of PHP versions and configurations.
- You want a framework that requires nearly zero configuration.
- You want a framework that does not require you to use the command line.
- You want a framework that does not require you to adhere to restrictive coding rules.
- You do not want to be forced to learn a templating language (although a template parser is optionally available if you desire one).
- You hate complexity, favoring simple solutions.
- You need clear, thorough documentation.
While the information provided is geared more towards developers, having a broad sense of what framework is used to build your next web application will help you plan ahead and make informed decisions.
At Don Web Design Solutions, we are experts at building custom websites and web applications using CodeIgniter. No project is too big or too small. When you call Don Web Design Solutions you will get unfiltered advice on what the best course of action is for your web projects. We have your best interest in mind. While we are a business and we strive to make a big impact in our local communities, we understand that your success will be our success. So talk to us today and get a free consultation on your next web project.